Vice President Asset Manager – Aviation Finance Team
Marathon Asset Management is a global credit manager with approximately $21.4 billion of capital under management, investing opportunistically in the global corporate, emerging market and structured credit markets based on fundamental, bottom-up research across distinct investment funds, managed vehicles, and separate accounts. With its headquarters in New York and offices in Miami, London, and Tokyo, Marathon possesses a unique, broad-based skill set and proprietary platform to research, analyze and act upon complex capital structures and situations. As part of the structured credit group, the Aviation Finance team focuses on aircraft leases employing disciplined technical and credit-intensive research predominately on mid-life aircraft and engines on lease.
The Vice President will join the Aviation Structured Finance team, which transacts in privately negotiated deals in aircraft and engine leases. Based in New York City or Miami, the position provides an exceptional opportunity for individuals with aviation finance experience.
The Vice President will hold managerial responsibilities related with key aspects of building and managing the aviation investment portfolio, with a particular focus on monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on existing investments.
Prior aviation-related accounting or operations experience is required. Stellar performers will have significant room for growth.
- Oversee deal-level cash flows including lessee payments, scheduled debt repayments, aircraft maintenance contributions, miscellaneous expense payments, and follow-on investments
- Oversee the management of fund-level cash balances by forecasting major cash inflows/outflows and by planning and executing distributions to investors
- Oversee the completion of monthly investor reporting (monthly marks, P&L attribution, performance tracking, capital deployment, asset exposure)
- Assist with monitoring existing aviation investments by tracking flight history and maintenance condition and by maintaining internal asset management databases
- Review and approve the payments of expenses, fees, and other invoices
- Oversee all aviation-related bookkeeping entries across proprietary accounting databases to ensure accuracy
- Ensure compliance with all debt facilities (delivering financial statements, completing reporting tasks, and other essential responsibilities)
- Develop, manage, and maintain databases for invoices and maintenance records
- 8 – 15 years’ experience in accounting/operations, auditing, or valuation, with a specific focus on aviation
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with exceptional academic credentials
- Strong U.S. GAAP / IFRS and technical accounting expertise (CPA or equivalent required)
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and statistics principles
- Demonstrable skills in Excel
- Managerial experience
- Quantitative aptitude
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Strong work ethic, commitment to excellence and motivation to learn
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task
- Candidate should be a coachable team player who is willing to embrace a collaborative firm culture
The average salary for this role is $140,000-150,000 in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, location, skills, training, certifications and education, and in addition we will also consider internal equity and market data. We do not anticipate that candidates hired will begin at the top of the range however, from time to time, it may occur on a case by case basis.
No agencies please
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V