BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2018, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.976 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 14,900 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI) unifies the firm’s sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform and partners with our global investment and distribution teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions ranging from screens and environmental social governance (ESG) strategies to Impact Investing. Launched in 2015, BlackRock’s Sustainable Investing platform provides investors with a range of strategies across asset classes, investment vehicles and impact profiles. With over $50 billion in dedicated sustainable assets under management, BlackRock leverages our differentiated investment platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, deep ESG expertise and culture of innovation to offer sustainable solutions to our institutional and retail clients.
BSI is looking for Director-level candidate with demonstrated strategic vision, investment and ESG subject matter expertise who can work with the Head of Americas Platform Strategy and Innovation to drive the development and commercialization of sustainable investment products and solutions across the region. The focus of the role is to proactively widen and deepen client relationships through strategic client engagement to accelerate effective implementation of sustainable strategies and ultimately drive revenue and AUM.
- Work with the Head of Americas Platform Strategy and Innovation to develop a robust platform strategy to advance the sales and distribution of products and solutions for the region in partnership with the global BSI team as well as our internal distribution partners across retail and institutional channels
- Follow up on leads from existing clients and prospects to deliver opportunities created across the full range of BlackRock's sustainable products and services
- Develop innovative sustainable solutions through close partnership with the BSI research team, and drive discrete research efforts
- Gather information from clients and consultants and provide input to produce a scalable product development strategy; contribute to thought leadership and investment insight collateral to increase client awareness and understanding of sustainable investing solutions
- Share best practices and provide platform training as needed across retail, iShares, and institutional channels to scale BlackRock’s sustainable investment engagement capability
- Represent and promote BlackRock at client conferences and industry events as appropriate
Knowledge / Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience in financial services sector and / or sustainable investing field
- Strategic thinker highly energized by the opportunity to set a roadmap for how BlackRock will position itself as a leader in the rapidly evolving sustainable investing market among a broad and diverse client set
- Experienced investment professional with high level of market sophistication and broad technical expertise spanning all major asset classes (fixed income, equities, property, hedge funds, private equity and other alternatives).
- Experience with sustainable investment solutions strongly preferred, including familiarity with ESG data providers and analytics
- Strong relationship builder with significant experience leading client engagements, especially for large institutions, and driving commercialization of a broad product set.
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate and able to tailor communication style to the audience
- Ability to build consensus and to influence both internally and externally
- Deep understanding of US client landscape and appreciation of sustainable investing market landscape
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- CFA and/or CAIA designation preferred
- Must obtain Series 7 & 66 licenses within 3 months of employment
Contact: Kusawn Foster Kusawn.firstname.lastname@example.org