Vice President, Financial Consultant
As a Schwab Financial Consultant, you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating a growing practice focused on client needs. If you are looking to build relationships with your clients by listening to their goals and providing objective advice and solutions that are clear, relevant, and actionable, you may be ready for a career worth owning.
Schwab Financial Consultants:
- Are launched with a practice of existing Schwab clients that they build upon with the full backing, support, and extensive resources of Schwab.
- Are compensated for the solutions and value they deliver to clients.
- Partner with specialists across the company who help them achieve their personal and professional goals, which are always set high and client-focused.
What you’re good at
The Financial Consultant position is part of our Branch Network, which is responsible for providing wealth management and financial planning advice to individuals and families. Managing wealth on behalf of our clients may include: retirement planning, education planning, investment management, and estate planning, as well as partnering with specialists to offer banking, insurance, and lending solutions. In this capacity, the Financial Consultant is responsible for giving an exceptional investor experience for clients with more than $250,000 in assets. Financial Consultants also focus on developing referrals as well as increasing net asset flow and offering advised solutions.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90-day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120-day condition of employment)
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) certification is preferred
- A desire to change the way you look at your career
- A can-do spirit and drive
- A compass that points toward doing right by clients at every opportunity
- A minimum of four years’ financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, and in managing, developing, and expanding client relationships
- Strong industry and market knowledge
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, and communication skills
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
Please click here to apply.