Vice President, Institutional Client Management (Hybrid / Newark, NJ)
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. With 1,000 employees and $886bn assets under management, the company has offices in Newark, London, Letterkenny, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered around mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture; dedicated to fostering growth & development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.
We are looking for a motivated and bright individual like you to fulfill a unique opportunity within our dynamic environment. We are looking to showcase your success through initiative, ownership, analysis, communication and teamwork. Your curiosity about emerging trends and practices will stimulate brainstorming discussions with a group of like-minded professionals. This is a terrific opportunity to make a big impact in our organization, so if this sounds exciting, then PGIM FIXED INCOME might be the place for you.
Following success in expanding the number of clients, while increasing our global presence, we are now seeking to recruit an experienced professional with strong client service skills and fixed income market knowledge to serve as Vice President, Client Management, based in our Newark, NJ office. The focus of the position will be to service a range of institutional clients. While the focus of the position is to service clients, the incumbent is expected to take a proactive role in cross selling other strategies either by working with assigned advisory coverage or directly. The incumbent may also manage directly or indirectly other junior members of the team.
Responsibilities - the position has three key areas of focus:
- Relationship Management:
- Proactively manage and develop innovative relationships with clients with the primary goal of client retention.
- Proactively build on existing client relationships by taking an active partnership role in cross selling other strategies either by working with assigned sales coverage or directly.
- Investment Support
- Respond to client investment inquiries directly or with the assistance of the investment team.
- Attend relevant Investment Team meetings to ensure incumbent is current on the key investment strategies.
- Be able to independently conduct portfolio reviews for certain clients and discuss portfolio positioning and our market views with clients.
- Day to Day Client Management
- Managing new client requests at the front end to ensure they are properly vetted and they are in line with the level of service assigned to that client.
- Executing directly requests that are vetted where possible or work with other teams internally as necessary.
- Drive efficiency in carrying out the client service role by utilizing the various systems and tools available.
- Ensure that all client and contact information is captured and remains current within our CRM system.
- Coordinate client meetings, including portfolio reviews, client reporting and client training sessions on-site and/or at the client's office.
- Travel as needed to client locations for portfolio or relationship reviews or entertainment events.
- Give direction to junior team members while providing opportunities for their development.
- Minimum 10 years’ institutional Client Service experience
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Fixed Income
- Excellent client / internal stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written skills, and an ability to explain relatively involved concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to details and processes
- High degree of initiative, results orientated, and entrepreneurial attitude
- Series 7 is required (can be earned, if not possessed at hire)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Blackrock Aladdin systems a plus
- CFA and/or MBA preferred
Prudential is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to utilize the internal “Skills Accelerator” to hone their skills and explore the opportunities available to them within Prudential.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations.
The salary range for this role is from $155,000 to $225,000. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills.
Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits.
Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.