Vice President Private Equity
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With approximately $2.9 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. SSGA’s investment culture is built on the experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston, MA. The Global Fiduciary Solutions (GFS) business, which includes private equity, has approximately $120B of AUM at June 30, 2019 with a decades-long investment record.
The Private Equity Team is seeking to hire a Vice President (VP) who has transactional experience in alternative assets. As a key member of the team, this individual will assess new investment opportunities in limited partnership funds, co-investments, and directs, and help manage an existing portfolio of private equity assets. More specifically, the VP will support sourcing, investment execution processes, and portfolio management efforts post-closing.
This position is located in Stamford, CT and reports to the CIO of North American Private Equity. Up to 30% travel may be required.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Support the execution of investments in funds, co-investments, and directs by performing due diligence, financial analysis, and modeling
- Prepare and present investment committee memos and other presentations
- Participate in LP annual meetings, management presentations, and other diligence sessions
- Monitor investment performance and conduct periodic valuation analyses
- Take a leadership role in ad hoc projects
- Minimum 5 years of significant experience in private equity, investment banking, asset management and/or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement; MBA or a comparable advanced degree or certification a plus
- Extensive knowledge of corporate finance and capital markets
- Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with external parties
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple investment opportunities and projects
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity in the private markets
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to drive performance and profitability, help them balance risk, and respond to challenges. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses what we value. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.