Vice President, Private Equity Investments
Title: Vice President, Financial Services Investment Team
Location: Preferably Philadelphia, PA, or potentially, Scottsdale, AZ
Start Date: Summer/Fall 2021
Qualified applicants should provide their CV and descriptions of particularly relevant working experience consistent with the description below to: HR@estanciapartners.com
Firm/Opportunity: Estancia is an institutional middle-market financial services private equity firm founded by industry leaders. The firm focuses on $5+MM EBITDA businesses within the financial services industry sub-verticals of Asset Management, Wealth Management and related Business Services/FinTech sectors. The team is currently investing Fund II ($240MM of committed capital) and enjoys a loyal LP base that has shown commitment by “re-upping” into Estancia’s funds and providing additional investment capital for opportunistic co-investments alongside the Estancia Funds. The majority of the Funds’ investments are control oriented investments. The firm works to ensure management teams drive EBITDA growth through proven value-added initiatives. Producing exceptional returns for investors is priority #1.
Importantly, Estancia maintains an investment platform where senior leaders work together cultivating a corporate culture where people enjoy one another personally, family is valued, diversity is welcomed, and professional intellect is continually stretched to achieve extraordinary investment outcomes.
With Estancia possessing ample dry powder for investments, this is a career opportunity to join a private equity platform at a senior level offering competitive compensation and benefits.
The firm seeks an exceptional investment professional to become an integral member of the tightly-knit investment team. The Vice President (“VP”) will:
- Perform all aspects of new investment/M&A sourcing, due diligence, advise on deal structuring, modeling, participate/present in investment committee meetings, deal execution and company reporting.
- Leverage the firm’s networks to identify and source attractive opportunities and work in a team environment to select portfolio company investments.
- Participate as a value-added member of portfolio company board(s) of directors and work with portfolio company management teams to deliver growth and value.
- Mentor/coach the firm’s Associates and other junior professionals to cultivate their skill sets, technical abilities, investment acumen and firm contributions.
- Conduct themselves in all areas with the highest levels of personal integrity, ethics, and intellectual honesty.
Ideal candidate qualifications/experience include:
- Possess an advanced degree(s) (MBA, etc.) and/or relevant accreditation(s) (CFA, etc.).
- 5+ years investment experience within a private equity or other investment firm focused on financial services. Prior investment banking and/or operating experience within a financial services company A PLUS. A minimum of 7 years total work experience is preferred.
- Proven investment sourcing skills including the ability to develop market mapping strategies, generate targets and qualify investment opportunities, and build/maintain a network of contacts with management teams, investment bankers/intermediaries, social networks and other relevant centers of influence.
- Fluency in all facets of the private equity investment process, including diligence, financial and business analysis, and transaction negotiation. Must possess the ability to build financial models, valuation and risk/reward analyses for potential opportunities and how to develop/maintain a documentation process for all investments, including investment memorandums and deal structure summaries.
- A passion for working in a small, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic and data-driven mindset with excellent execution and communication (verbal and writing) skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: proactive, thoughtful, good listener, non-egotistical, ability to handle conflict, high-level of emotional intelligence, and a consensus builder.
- Willingness to reside in Philadelphia or potentially Scottsdale and travel, as needed.