Director of Risk
Our client, the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) which manages approximately $280B in AUM for the NY Common Retirement Fund is seeking a Director of Risk. OSC is charged with ensuring that State and local governments use taxpayer money effectively and efficiently.
Based in the Albany or New York City office, the Director of Risk reports to the Executive Deputy Comptroller for NYSLRS with administrative reporting to the CIO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Update the total Fund perspective across the material legal, operational, governance, reputational, and investment risks and ensure a shared understanding and prioritization.
- Design and maintain a daily risk dashboard to catalogue key risks for the Fund and asset classes (e.g. exposure by sector, scenario analysis, liquidity concerns, counterparty failure).
- Lead the implementation of a systematic risk taxonomy, risk appetite statement, and policies / tools to ensure a successful risk management system.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and other functional leaders to oversee risk monitoring and ensure risk policies are enforced.
- Develop deep peer-to-peer relationships with senior investment professionals, risk consultants, external investment managers, and industry organizations.
To learn more about the Position specifications please see the link below:
To apply, please email your resume to Tamara Wesely of EFL Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org.